We’ve just spent the last few weekends working on getting the new mast up to speed. We decided to replace the worn bottom mast with a new one, so we now have a pretty good set up (top mast one event old, bottom section unused). However, as always, a new rig (especially one so recently built) is always going to need a fair bit of tuning time. Therefore, we headed back to Lymington to log some decent hours on thw ater, getting the boat sailing well. After a few days, we’re far more stable upwind (stable meaning flat all the time, not occasionally not upside down) and have got the boat to find the groove far quicker. This is something we struggled with at the Nationals, so it’s great to get things working well again.
Tuning runs6 10 2008